See the results
for other lotteries
Detailed results for the main draw
Origin of winning tickets
|6/6||5/6+B||Guaranteed $1,000,000 Prize|
Detailed results for the Extra draw
|Complete number (7 digits)||0||$1,000,000*|
|Last 6 digits||1||$25,000|
|Last 5 digits||8||$500|
|Last 4 digits||67||$50|
|Last 3 digits||591||$20|
|Last 2 digits||5,899||$5|
|First 6 digits||0||$10,000|
|First 5 digits||6||$500|
|First 4 digits||59||$50|
|First 3 digits||589||$20|
|First 2 digits||5,735||$5|
Detailed results for the regular draw
See the results
for other lotteries
$1 MILLION + 55 x $10,000 in guaranteed prizes to win each draw!
- On November 22 and 25, 2017 draw, Lotto 6/49 will offer additional guaranteed prizes. On top of the jackpot and the guaranteed $1,000,000 prize, fifty-five (55) guaranteed $10,000 prizes will be offered. A total of fifty-six (56) guaranteed prizes will be offered each draw.
- Each Super Draw, in addition to the usual Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection, fifty-five (55) additional Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections will be drawn. Each of these winning selections will be drawn at random from among all Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections who have been issued for that draw.
- A winning selection will be one whose number is identical to the one of these fifty-five (55) Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections drawn. Each of these winning selections will allow a participant to win one of 55 guaranteed $10,000 prizes.
- Admissibility for the November 22 and 25 Super Draws: any Lotto 6/49 play purchased at a retailer or online, valid for either of these draw dates. Plays can be played alone, with Double Jeu 49 or Forfait Lottos.
- Game conditions [PDF - 44 KB]
Lotto 6/49 - Summary
- COST: $3 for 1 play (comprised of 1 "Regular Selection" and 1 "Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection")
- MINIMUM JACKPOT: $5,000,000, growing from draw to draw according to sales if it is not won
- DRAW FREQUENCY: Bi-weekly, every Wednesday and Saturday
- DEADLINE FOR WAGERS: Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:30 p.m.
- ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: 1 in 6.6 with 1 play
- ODDS OF WINNING THE JACKPOT: 1 in 13,983,816
- ODDS OF WINNING A GUARANTEED $1,000,000 PRIZE: Variable according to the total number of "Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections" issued for that draw
- THEORETICAL PAYOFF RATE: 47%
- FIRST DRAW: June 12, 1982
- CANADA-WIDE LOTTERY
Regular Selection and Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection
For Lotto 6/49, 1 play is comprised of 1 "Regular Selection" of 6 numbers from 1 to 49, and 1 "Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection", representing a computer-generated 10-digit number. There are 2 draws per week, i.e. on Wednesday and Saturday, and millions of dollars to be won each draw.
In the Main draw, the Regular Selection of 6 numbers could lead to winning the jackpot (6/6 category). When the jackpot is not won for a given draw, it is added to the jackpot for the next draw. Also, other prizes can be won in 6 other categories: 5/6 + Bonus, 5/6, 4/6, 3/6, 2/6 + Bonus and 2/6. To win, you need to get, in a single selection, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 numbers identical to those of the winning selection. The Bonus number, represented by the "+B" symbol, is associated only with the categories 2/6 + Bonus and 5/6 + Bonus. To win in these categories, a single selection must contain respectively, in addition to the bonus number, 2 or 5 numbers identical to those of the winning selection.
The Main Draw is conducted using a single ball machine containing balls numbered from 1 to 49. Seven balls are drawn at random from the ball machine. The first 6 balls form the winning selection and the 7th ball represents the bonus number.
Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection
For each Regular Selection, you get 1 computer-generated Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection. Each Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection issued is unique and represents a number composed of 10 digits (XXXXXXXX-XX).
For the Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections, a segmented group of numbers is assigned to each of the 5 Canadian lottery corporations. Also, the Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections are issued in sequence. For example, when a lottery ticket is composed of several plays, the first 8 digits of your selections remain the same and the last 2 digits range from 01 to the number of plays purchased (67890123-01, 67890123-02, 67890123-03, etc.).
When a lottery ticket is composed of 3 Lotto 6/49 plays or more, your Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections are shown as a range. For example, if you buy 10 Lotto 6/49 plays on a same lottery ticket, you will get 10 Regular Selections and 10 Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections, which numbers will range from 67890123-01 to 67890123-10. Your Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections will be indicated as follows:
In the Guaranteed Prize Draw, one Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection is drawn from among all those who have been issued for that draw. This winning selection allows a participant to win a Guaranteed $1,000,000 Prize. A winning selection is one whose number is identical to the one of the Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection drawn. Thus, in the above example, if the number of the Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection drawn is 67890123-07, your selection would be the only winning selection of the Guaranteed $1,000,000 Prize.
To ensure there is only one winning selection of the Guaranteed $1,000,000 Prize, every selection must be unique. That is why it is not possible to choose the numbers of these selections and all Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections are computer-generated. Each 10-digit number is therefore a unique selection and the odds of winning the Guaranteed $1,000,000 Prize are the same as for any other selection that was issued for the draw.
The Guaranteed Prize Draw is conducted using a certified random number generator.
Find out more about how draws are conducted.
How to play
- You may play online, using the mobile app or at a Loto-Québec retailer where you can pick your own numbers or opt for selection(s) randomly generated by Loto-Québec’s computer. Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections are always computer-generated.
- One play is comprised of 1 Regular Selection of 6 numbers from 1 to 49, and 1 Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection, representing a computer-generated 10-digit number.
- Lotto 6/49 is governed by the Rules and Regulations respecting Lotteries and Lottery Tickets of the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation (ILC), which include limitations of liability.
- Choose Double Jeu 49 to play Lotto 6/49 and Québec 49 simultaneously.
- Choose Forfait lottos to play Lotto 6/49, Québec 49, Lotto Max and Québec Max simultaneously.
- You may play as a group online or at a retailer with Formule groupe.
- You may play combination.
- Extra is available with this game.
- You may purchase play(s) valid for more than one draw.
- The Replay Option is also available with this game.
Prize structure and odds of winning
Lotto 6/49 is a variable-prize game. In the Main Draw, prizes are calculated according to sales and divided equally among the winners in each category.
|Category||Prize||Pools fund %††||Odds of winning|
|6/6||$8,811,827†||79.5%||1 / 13,983,816|
|5/6+B||$110,841†||6.0%||1 / 2,330,636|
|5/6||$2,199†||5.0%||1 / 55,492|
|4/6||$78†||9.5%||1 / 1,033|
|3/6||$10||Fixed prize||1 / 56.7|
|2/6+B||$5||Fixed prize||1 / 81.2|
|2/6||Free play||Fixed prize||1 / 8.3|
|Guaranteed Prize Draw|
|Complete number||$1,000,000†††||Variable according to the number of "Guaranteed Prize Draw Selections" issued for that draw|
|Total||1 / 6.6|
††The Pools Fund is the “Main Prize Fund” (40% of sales) minus the sum of all prizes payable to the winners in the 2/6, 2/6+B and the 3/6 categories.
†††The Guaranteed $1,000,000 Prize comes from the “Guaranteed Prize Draw Fund” (7% of sale). This fund occasionally allows more than one Guaranteed Prize for a draw to be offered.
The bonus number is indicated with the “+B” symbol.