Online Lotteries Month Promotion
From March 2 to 29, 2015
Every dollar played online at one of the showcased games this week entitles you to one entry for the weekly draw to win a trip south.
Online Lotteries Month Promotion
Lotto Poker - Summary
- TWO WAYS TO WIN: Quick Play (on screen animation) or evening draw
- COST: $2 for 1 selection
- DRAW FREQUENCY: Daily
- DEADLINE FOR WAGERS: 9:00 p.m. every evening
- FIRST DRAW: May 2, 2011
|Grand Prize (draw)||$100,000|
| Odds of winning a prize
(including the Quick Play and one draw)
|1 in 3.86|
|Odds of winning the grand prize (Quick Play)||1 in 649,740|
|Odds of winning the grand prize (draw)||1 in 2,598,960|
|Theoretical payoff rate||60%|
- You may play online, using the mobile app, or at a Loto-Québec retailer.
- Lotto Poker can only be played using Quick Pick (selection randomly generated by the Loto Québec computer).
- Each selection (a 5-card hand) costs $2 and allows you to participate in a Quick Play and in one draw.
- Up to 3 selections may be played per ticket. All cards on a ticket come from a single, regular 52-card deck with four suits (Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds and Spades) of 13 cards each. The same card cannot be used for more than one selection on the same ticket.
- Quick Play is a game that is randomly generated by the Loto-Québec computer. When your transaction is being processed, your selection(s) will be shown on the screen. A selection is a winner if it forms one of the poker hands that are described in the applicable prize structure (see the Prize structure and odds of winning).
- Each draw is conducted as follows: Loto-Québec will cause 5 cards to be drawn at random from among the 52 cards of an ordinary deck. A selection is a winner if it contains 2, 3, 4 or 5 cards identical to the cards drawn (see the Prize structure and odds of winning).
- In Lotto Poker, the cards are always presented in increasing order, according to value (from 2 to Ace) and in the following order of suits: Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds and Spades.
- You must pay before Quick Play starts. It is impossible to cancel a Lotto Poker ticket.
- Lotto Poker is governed by the By-law respecting forecast contests and numbers games, published in the Gazette officielle du Québec, which includes limitations of liability.
A selection is a winner if it forms one of the poker hands that are described in the Quick Play prize structure below:
|Poker hand||Example*||Prize|| Odds of
| Royal flush
10-Jack-Queen-King and Ace of the same suit**
|$5,000||1 / 649,740.0|
| Straight flush
5 cards of the same suit** in consecutive ranking
|$500||1 / 72,193.3|
| Four of a kind
4 cards of the same rank
|$100||1 / 4,165.0|
| Full house
3 of a kind and 1 pair
|$50||1 / 694.2|
5 cards of the same suit**
|$30||1 / 508.8|
5 cards in consecutive ranking, regardless of suit**
|$20||1 / 254.8|
| Three of a kind
3 cards of the same rank
|$10||1 / 47.3|
| Two pairs
|$4||1 / 21.0|
| Pair of Jacks or better
2 cards of the same rank (Jack, Queen, King or Ace)
|$2||1 / 7.7|
|Total: 1 / 4.8|
*Cards shown for demonstration purposes only.
**The 4 suits are: Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds and Spades.
In increasing order, the rank of the cards is as follows: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace. However, an Ace may be used to complete an Ace-2-3-4-5 straight flush or straight.
Only one prize per winning selection for the Quick Play.
Number of cards identical to the cards drawn
|Prize***|| Odds of
|5/5||$100,000||1 / 2,598,960.0|
|4/5||$500||1 / 11,059.4|
|3/5||$20||1 / 240.4|
|2/5||$2||1 / 16.0|
|Total: 1 / 15|
***Fixed prizes. The total amount payable for prizes in a category is limited to $300,000 per draw. If this limit is reached, the prize amounts will be determined in proportion to the number of winning selections in the category.
Only one prize per winning selection for the draw.