Check out how you can play as a group.
Québec 49 - Summary
- Cost: $1 for 1 selection
- GRAND PRIZE: $2,000,000
- DRAW FREQUENCY: bi-weekly, every Wednesday and Saturday
- DEADLINE FOR WAGERS: Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:30 p.m.
- ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: 1 in 32.3
- ODDS OF WINNING THE GRAND PRIZE: 1 in 13,983,816
- THEORETICAL PAYOFF RATE: 49.9%
- FIRST DRAW: October 1, 1997
Each draw is conducted as follows: Loto-Québec conducts a draw to determine at random 7 numbers among all numbers from 1 to 49. The first 6 numbers form the winning selection and the 7th number represents the bonus number.
How to play
- You may play online, using the mobile app or at a Loto-Québec retailer where you can pick your own numbers or opt for one or more selections randomly generated by the Loto-Québec computer.
- One selection includes 6 numbers from 1 to 49.
- Prizes can be won in 6 categories, i.e. 6/6, 5/6 + Bonus, 5/6, 4/6, 3/6 and 2/6 + Bonus. To win, you need to get, in a single selection, 3, 4, 5 or 6 numbers that are identical to those of the winning selection. The bonus number, identified by the "+B" symbol, is only associated with the categories 5/6 + B and 2/6 + B. To win in these categories, a single selection must contain respectively, in addition to the bonus number, 5 or 2 numbers that are identical to those of the winning selection.
- Québec 49 is governed by the By-law respecting forecast contests and numbers games, published in the Gazette officielle du Québec, which includes limitations of liability.
- Choose Double Jeu 49 to play Lotto 6/49 and Québec 49 simultaneously.
- Choose Super forfait to play Lotto 6/49, Québec 49, Lotto Max, Québec Max and Grande Vie simultaneously.
- Choose Forfait lottos to play Lotto 6/49, Québec 49, Lotto Max and Québec Max simultaneously.
- You may play as a group online with Formule groupe en ligne or at a retailer with Formule groupe and Formule super groupe.
- You may play combination.
- You may purchase one or more selections valid for more than one draw.
- Extra is available with this game.
- The Replay option is also available with this game.
Prize structure and odds of winning
|Category||Prize||Odds of winning|
|6/6||$2,000,000 divisible||1 / 13,983,816|
|5/6 +B||$75,000*||1 / 2,330,636|
|5/6||$750||1 / 55,492|
|4/6||$75||1 / 1,033|
|3/6||$10||1 / 56.7|
|2/6 +B||$5||1 / 81.2|
|Total||1 / 32.3|
*The total amount payable for prizes in the 5/6+bonus number category is limited to $450,000 per draw. If this limit is reached, the prize amounts will be determined in proportion to the number of winning selections in this category.
The bonus number is indicated with the “+B” symbol.