Detailed results for the main draw
Origin of winning tickets
Detailed results for the Extra draw
|Complete number (7 digits)||0||$1,000,000*|
|Last 6 digits||0||$25,000|
|Last 5 digits||9||$500|
|Last 4 digits||58||$50|
|Last 3 digits||605||$20|
|Last 2 digits||5,903||$5|
|First 6 digits||0||$10,000|
|First 5 digits||11||$500|
|First 4 digits||54||$50|
|First 3 digits||557||$20|
|First 2 digits||5,834||$5|
Detailed results for the main draw
Detailed results for the draw of additional selections 7 x $1 million (divisible)
|Non decomposable selections||Winners||Prizes|
See the results
for other lotteries
Lotto Max - Summary
- Cost: $5 for 1 play (comprised of 3 selections)
- Minimum jackpot: $10,000,000, growing from draw to draw up to $60,000,000 if it is not won
- DRAW FREQUENCY: Weekly, every Friday
- DEADLINE FOR WAGERS: Every Friday, 10:30 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: 1 in 6.6 with 1 play
- APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING THE jackpot: 1 in 28,633,528 with 1 play
- Theoretical PAYOFF RATE: 48%
- First draw: September 25, 2009
- CANADA-WIDE LOTTERY
Jackpot and Maxmillions
The jackpot starts at $10,000,000 and, if not won, grows by at least $5,000,000 per draw up to the maximum jackpot of $60,000,000.
Maxmillions (prizes of $1,000,000) are offered when the jackpot reaches $50,000,000. Notably, when the amount of the 7/7 pool for any given draw exceeds $50,000,000, it shall be capped at an amount set between $50,000,000 and $60,000,000 inclusive (the “7/7 pool cap”), and the excess isdivided into additional prizes of $1,000,000 (Maxmillions). The difference is added to the 6/7+B pool.
For example: The advertised jackpot (the 7/7 pool cap) is set at $50,000,000. If the 7/7 pool reaches $52,214,000, on top of the $50,000,000 jackpot, two Maxmillions will be drawn. The remaining amount of $214,000 would be added to the 6/7+B pool.
If the $50M jackpot is not won, the Maxmillions that were not won are added to those of the next draw. Thus, if the 2 Maxmillions are not won, the offering could increase, for example, to $55M + 4 Maxmillions, then to $60M + 6 Maxmillions. If the $50M jackpot is won, the Maxmillions that were not won are added to the jackpot pool for the next draw. The jackpot for that draw will then be $10,000,000 + the Maxmillions that were not won.
Additional selections drawn for Maxmillions prizes are not decomposable and each prize is shared amongst the winners.
The main draw is conducted using a single ball machine containing balls numbered from 1 to 49. Eight balls are drawn at random from the ball machine. The first 7 balls form the winning selection and the 8th ball represents the bonus number.
In the event Maxmillions are also offered, the draw for each of these prizes is conducted using an electronic ball machine based on a random number generator.
Find out more about how draws are conducted.
How to play
- You may play online, using the mobile app or at a Loto-Québec retailer where you can pick your own numbers or opt for selection(s) randomly generated by the Loto-Québec computer.
- One play is comprised of 3 selections of 7 numbers from 1 to 49.
- To win, you need to get, in a single selection, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 numbers identical to those of the winning selection. The bonus number, represented by the "+ B" symbol, is associated only with the categories 6/7+ bonus and 3/7+ bonus. To win in these categories, a single selection must contain respectively, in addition to the bonus number, 6 or 3 numbers identical to those of the winning selection.
- A selection is a winning selection of a Maxmillions prize if it contains all 7 numbers of a same single Maxmillions drawn selection.
- Lotto Max is governed by the Rules and Regulations respecting Lotteries and Lottery Tickets of the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation («ILC»), which include limitations of liability.
- Choose Double Jeu Max to play Lotto Max and Québec Max simultaneously.
- Choose Forfait lottos to play Lotto Max, Québec Max, Lotto 6/49 and Québec 49 simultaneously.
- You may play as a group online or at a retailer with Formule groupe.
- You may play combinations.
- Extra is available with this game.
- You may purchase play(s) valid for more than one draw.
- The Replay option is also available with this game.
Prize structure and odds of winning
Lotto Max is a variable-prize game. Prizes are calculated according to sales and divided among the winners in each category.
|Category||Prize||Pools fund %**||Odds of winning|
|7/7||$39,908,840||89.25%||1 / 28,633,528|
|6/7+B||$201, 221*||3.15%||1 / 4,090,504|
|6/7||$5,219*||3.35%||1 / 99,768|
|5/7||$105 *||4.25%||1 / 1,584|
|4/7||$20||Fixed prize||1 / 71.3|
|3/7+B||$20||Fixed prize||1 / 76.7|
|3/7||Free Play||Fixed prize||1 / 8.1|
|Total||1 / 6.6|
**Pools fund: Total sum of prizes minus the sum of fixed prizes (3/7, 3/7+B and 4/7).
The bonus number is indicated with the “+B” symbol.